Friday, December 3, 2010

The Mortal Instruments Series REVIEW


My Review:

My Rating: 7/5

Ohhhh yes I meant 7 out of 5. Now I know it may seem that I'm just really nice when I rate books but that's because I chose a lot of my favorites to review first. I actually was planning to write 3 seperate reviews for these books but I read them all in a span of 4 days so I decided to just review them all together. Now, I actually finished these about 2 weeks ago but this is the first free time I've had since then to sit down and do this.

What could I possibly say about these books other than ntejkshfojdaflnskldgjdkznfksnf (that's my excitement noise) I'm sooooooo excited for the next one to come out! The characters in these books are some of my all time favorite book characters actually. Even though it`s a fantasy novel these characters are so real it`s shocking actually.
I know I`ve said it before but I absolutely adore Clare`s writing style. There`s nothing about it that I would change. It`s a mixture of the perfect amount of back story and description with action and dialogue. There is, of course, a romance aspect to the book but it doesn`t over power the whole book like it does with others.

You start out on a very interesting note too, which I liked, so if you`re one of those readers who hates slow beginnings than this is the book for you!
I know I should talk more about the storyline but I`m scared that if I start I won`t be able to stop and I`ll give it all away!! You first enter the story with Clary, the main character, and her best friend Simon waiting in line to enter a club. Once there Clary notices some suspicious characters that no one else seems to notice. She follows them into another room where she witnesses them kill what she assumes is another person (it was a demon) this is when she meets Jase, Alec and Isabelle. They are shadowhunters (I`ve already explained what those are when reviewing Clockwork Angel) from there she`s wisked into their world when her mother goes missing and she learns she is also a shadowhunter.

From there the story takes many insane twists and turns. Each more shocking and wonderful than the last! But I`ll stop there or else I may start giving things away...
Definitely recommend this to EVERYONE!

6 comments:

  1. You've told me how much you liked the books but wow..great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol 7 out of 5! :D I have the first book on my shelf and I hope to start it at the end of this month. I've heard such great things on this series. I can't wait to dig in. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...7/5 huh? That's quite the recommendation! I believe I actually have books 1 and 2 somewhere in Mount TBR...may have to dig them out for a read. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm! Happy reading... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea, thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely stand behind this rating-- I think even 10/5 would fit! :D Love, love, love this series, first fell for it when book one came out over 4 years ago and I've never looked back! :D

    Enjoy!
    TBQ

    ReplyDelete