Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wake Review


Not all dreams are sweet.
For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody- notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....


My Review 
My Rating: 4/5

This is definitely a well written and intriguing book. The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 is that I've read books that are even more amazing than this one.The book starts out with flash backs from Janie's past, which was a bit confusing for me since I'm one to not read the time stamps on each entry of the book. Speaking of the time stamps, I loved them. They were used comically in some parts. She would be pondering something then the next time stamp would be like 5 minutes later and all it would say is "still nothing." then ten minutes later, "I'm going to bed." I don't know what got the author to write like this, but it works well for this book.


I liked that it was short (210 pages) and wasn't filled with any boring bits. It was totally action packed and interesting, anyone who has a hard time getting through books should try reading this one. I honestly gave it to my fiance to read since he rarely finishes a book. Even he likes it!


The characters are fairly well done, they have good back ground stories. She could have gone more in depth with the characters, but then it would have been a longer book..and that would ruin one of the things I love most about it. It's a speed read. It leaves me wanting more. As much as I wish I could have more, I prefer books that leave me going "damn! Why can't it be longer!!" instead of, "could you have rambled more?" 


But I can have more, in the sequels!! Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, this is a trilogy.. thank god! What you need to know about this book is that its sci-fi and you should definitely read it. It's about a girl named Janie who's being raised by an alcoholic mother (I know, sounds like virtually every book you've ever read) BUT WAIT! Janie is sucked into other people's dreams if they are asleep in the same room she's in!!!!! Which makes life pretty hard since at least one person tends to doze off in class at high school.


My final word, so that I won't ruin the book on you, is that this is a super good and fast read and you should definitely pick up a copy.


Hugs, Kisses & Candy
Coop.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you made me read this series. I really liked it.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review hon!
    Now I do come here for the reviews and to see what's up... but most of all... I come to see my baby!!! Look at how cute he is!!!!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete